Lifted straight from the Brooksrunning.co.ok website, I wanted to preserve a record of the Brooks Green Silence running shoe as it is a shoe that will soon be spoken about in hushed tones as a feature of folklore.
In the future runners will not be measured by their marathon times.
Instead you will be asked if you ever ran in Green Silence, at least if you've read this you will never be left short with a response like "Green Silence ??"
A racing flat that's green (and fast!)
It’s no secret. When it comes to sustainability, it’s time for running gear to lead the way, not follow. With our usual passion, Brooks has embraced this challenge. The result is the Green Silence —available now— a groundbreaking advance in running shoes that will not be kept quiet.
By utilizing recycled and other earth-friendly components, this striking—and strikingly fast—performance racing shoe breathes new life into the competition category—as well as countless post-race plastic water and sports beverage bottles, rubber that would otherwise be abandoned, and discarded Skid Row, Kix, and Ratt CDs. No wonder the Green Silence has so much personality.
Key Green Features:
- BioMoGo, the world's first-ever biodegradable midsole for running shoes
- 75% of the shoe’s materials are post-consumer recycled
- Biodegradable insole and collar foams
- Laces, gillies, and reinforced webbing are 100% post-consumer recycled
- Water-based adhesives are used throughout
- All dyes and colorants are non-toxic
- Packaging is 100% post-consumer recycled
Reduce your carbon footprint. Move forward. Run Happy.
Thank you +Brooks Running for the memories.